Thursday, January 14, 2010

The Quest for the Egg

So as I am prone to getting bored in my 30 minutes of free time between working, raising two boys (three if you include my husband) and house tending I figured I needed a new project. When my husband heard of my new idea he kindly reminded me of all the "projects" I had started of late that may or may not be completed and may or may not have been complete disasters (all a matter of opinion). On top of my itch for a new project we have recently watched Food, Inc and read "The Skinny Bitch" on the topic of how nasty our food industry is and of course that makes you want to change your eating habits (at least for a few weeks)....So my new project is to raise a few hens so we can at least know where our eggs come from and not encourage the inhumane treatment of chickens. This is actually not our first soiree into chicken raising as we had 4 hens (5 before "the incident with the dog") pre-kids and before we moved and they turned out to be excellent pets and delicious eggs. So here I go with my journey to build a coop and acquire 3-4 hens to provide us delicious and healthy organic free-range eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment