Monday, June 7, 2010

Don't count your chickens

Easy come, easy go.. little yellow hen was cruelly murdered by a neighbor's wiener dog. It was really tragic as she died in my hands. So now the little brown chick- "Iron Man" (my kid has been picking names again)- is lonely in her baby chick house (aka dog crate). I feel so bad as she keep peeping peeping, so now she has a temporary house pass and is running around our den. Since we really don't need 6 hens, I don't want to get a new one, but Iron Man needs company.. Maybe she will graduate to the big hen house tomorrow and just take her chances with the hawk/ cat.
Also... we found a new kind of egg in the coop! It seems that our bantam CooCoo has started laying- finally.. They are small tan eggs. I will take a pic soon. My kid ate the first of "his CooCoo"s egg once I told him there was no chance of it becoming a small chick.

No comments:

Post a Comment